Getting old kinda sucks.
You get random pain that makes absolutely no sense.
More visits to the doctor. Your hair starts falling out or turning grey. More frequent visits to the restroom. Along with all sorts of other issues.
But, it’s not all bad, right?
A recent survey of people who are 50 or older found out the best things about getting older.
The most common answers were:
- More life experience. Obviously, having some history and being able to make better decisions based on what you’ve learned already in life is a total positive.
- You’re more comfortable in your own skin. Not to mention, we live in a time when you don’t have to “age gracefully”. There’s a myriad of treatments and products out there to help fight the aging process. Of course, it helps to be rich.
- Having a greater sense of gratitude for the little things in life. A warm, sunny day. A visit with some friends or family. A nice meal. All those nice things add up!
- More independence & freedom. Especially if you can retire early and enjoy your golden years. Or, as with my situation, you don’t have kids!
- You learn to let things go. This one should be taught in schools, if possible. The rise of the “Karen” in our current culture is gross. People who take it upon themselves to determine what’s right & wrong for everyone else. Chillax, Karen.
Check out the rest of the results from this survey here.