This past Thanksgiving, I had one of the best turkeys ever.
It was a smoked, 12lb beauty from the City Meat Market & I may never eat turkey any other way ever again.
For Christmas, we’re heading to my in-laws house on Christmas eve & homemade pizzas. Then, we’re having them over on Christmas day for a traditional dinner, including a smoked ham from City Meat Market.
Some people do another turkey, some enjoy a ham dinner, some people go fancy & have lobster or prime rib.
A recent survey asked over 1,000 Americans to vote on the 58 most common Christmas dinner foods in order to rank them from best to worst. The top ten are:
- Roasted potatoes
- Mashed potatoes
- Bread or rolls
- Prime rib
- Roast beef
- Chicken or Cornish hen
- Roast pork
Ham came in 11th, and lasagna finished in 12th. Who knew that lasagna was a common Christmas dinner food?
The ten worst are:
- Tofu. Duh. Who the hell serves this garbage for Christmas? Shame on you.
- Cabbage. Just plain old cabbage? Like at St. Paddy’s Day?
- Collard greens
- Coleslaw. Why you gotta shit on coleslaw? It’s DELICIOUS!
- Black eyed peas
Now, I took a look at the 58 suggested food and came up with my top ten. They are:
- Mac & Cheese
- Deviled eggs
- Prime Rib
- Green bean casserole
- Scalloped/cheesy potatoes
- Butternut squash
- Brussels sprouts(Side note, I was today years old when I realized it was “Brussels Sprout” and not “Brussel Sprout”