Thankfully, I don’t need to be creative.
Not having kids is a blessing, even when we’re not in the midst of a pandemic.
But if you’ve got tax breaks running around, worrying about what they’re going to do on Saturday night, then this might give you some ideas.
The city hasn’t “officially” cancelled trick-or-treating, but I’m sure they’d prefer if people didn’t go out looking for free candy from strangers.
So, if you’re thinking about staying home with the rugrats, try these:
- A Halloween scavenger hunt. Think Easter egg hunt with candy!
- Movie nights! Duh…this one’s a no-brainer.
- Outdoor costume parties & parades. There’s actually a “parade” happening in our neighborhood on Saturday….weather looks to be favorable for that sort of thing. I’m just going to drink a beer on the front step & throw candy at people who pass by.
- Pumpkin carving. I suppose if you’ve waited this long, you might as well slice & dice your gourd Saturday night. Could bake those pumpkin seeds, too!
- Halloween piñatas! Hey, this one is two-fold. You get candy, and you get to take out some aggression on some papier-mâché!!!!!
- Costume parties on Zoom/Facetime/etc. Look, the kids wanna wear their costumes. Granny & grampy want to fawn all over them. So schedule a meeting and do it!
So, if you’re looking for some ways to avoid the usual trick-or-treating, hopefully that helps!
Leave a Comment