Today is “National Prosecco Day”.
I couldn’t tell you the difference between a prosecco and a riesling or a merlot and a cabernet.
I LOATHE wine. Gimme beer & Jameson and I’m happy.
The only thing I know about wine is that I LOVE Dr. Steve Brule…
And I could listen to “Strawberry Wine” by Chris Stapleton on repeat all. friggin. day.
Apparently, there’s some rules & regulations when drinking wine. Etiquette, if you will. According to Virgin Wines, these are the top 10:
- Holding a glass by the bulb & not the stem
- Damaging the cork when you try to remove it so you push bits of cork into the bottle
- Mispronouncing the name of the wine you’re ordering. What, no “Peanut Noir”?
- Serving white wine with red meat.
- Filling a wine glass to the tippy-top.
- Putting ice cubes in wine
- Adding lemonade or Coke to wine to water it down. This is a thing?
- Drinking straight out of the bottle
- Trying to use a corkscrew with a twist-off cap
- Pretending you know sophisticated terms to describe how a wine tastes.
A few years ago, the wife & I went to Fawn Creek in the Dells to see Pat McCurdy and thankfully, they had a bunch of beers available. We tried to do a wine tasting and I had absolutely no clue what was going on. Thankfully, they had a bucket on the table to spit it out.
I’m sure they make great wines, but I have no interest in drinking any of them. There was another guy there with his wife/gf and we both just laughed at how badly we stuck out of the crowd.
For the rest of the faux-pas you can make while drinking some SWEET BERRY WINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Click here.