I could certainly use more energy when I get up.
I usually shuffle downstairs, stand in the shower in the dark for about ten minutes, get dressed, grab my shit, let the dog out, and I’m on my way to work.
My whole morning “routine” takes about 23 minutes from the time I get out of bed to the time I’m leaving the house & on my way to work.
A Harley ride to work in this morning’s 35° weather is a nice way to help wake myself up & get rid of the rest of my overnight cobwebs.
But, I might have to start getting up a few minutes early and seeing if any of these things actually help.
According to some recent data, here’s five things you should do every morning for some extra energy:
1. First thing in the morning, take ten breaths. Just closing your eyes and focusing on your breathing can be an effective way to slow down and start your day more relaxed.
2. Hydrate. A lot of experts say to drink a glass of water first thing in the morning, even if you’re not thirsty. Coffee counts too, but make sure you get enough water as well.
3. Exercise. It’s hard to find the motivation to work out in the morning. But people who do it tend to be more active throughout the day too. So, it only leads to good things.
4. Make sure you’re eating enough. A breakfast that’s high in protein and healthy fats can help maintain energy levels throughout the day. But don’t eat too much sugar. Too much in the morning can cause a crash later on.
5. Ignore your phone. When you check your phone or email first thing, you’re letting someone else dictate the start of your day. And boundaries are important.
Leave a Comment