A new survey asked 1,000 Americans what their favorite winter drink is, and the winner is hot chocolate!
Don’t forget, you can enjoy hot chocolate, along with individually wrapped s’mores at Rotary Lights this year!
No big surprise here. I doubt anyone is craving some hot cocoa in the middle of July.
The top ten according to this survey are:
- Hot chocolate
- Apple cider
- Peppermint flavored coffee
- Mulled cider
- Mulled wine
- Hot toddy
- Hot buttered rum
- Coquito(yeah, I had to look it up, too)
- Mead(it’s FANTASTIC!)
Now, some of those are fine, but I wouldn’t put most of them on my top ten list.
For starters, you have no beer on there. As we transition from Oktoberfest beers into the winter seasonals, you MUST include a good porter or stout in any list about winter drinks.
And no Tom & Jerry?
No Brandy slush made with fresh snow?
My top ten winter drinks would go something like this:
- A 13% or more Russian Imperial Stout
- An Irish coffee with EXTRA Jameson
- Some mead from White River Winery in Iron River.
- The Samiclaus classic(it’s 14%!!!)
- A grasshopper!
- A hot toddy
- Hot chocolate
- A cup of tea with local honey(Thanks, Ced!)
- A blonde Russian
- Coffee with maple syrup, of course!
What’s your favorite winter drink?
I have a new favorite when it comes to a winter beer. New brewery in Lanesboro, Sylvan Brewery, opened in October. Andy makes a damn good winter warmer there. It’s not a 13% beer, but at 8.3%, you can have that growler all to yourself watching the Griswold’s!! Then maybe another! Peace!