I hate shopping. ESPECIALLY during the holidays.
Lines, traffic, people, incompetency. I loathe all of it.
So, I try to keep my shopping to a minimum, and I also try to accomplish most of it online if possible.
And I ALWAYS try to patronize local businesses first.
Never forget that $68 of every $100 you spend stays in the community when you shop locally!
If you’re like me, holiday shopping is a necessary evil, but what’s the most stressful thing about it? Is it the lines? The traffic? Unhelpful customer service?
According to a recent study, the most stressful thing about Christmas shopping is “Trying to find the perfect gift”.
Maybe because people are trying to compete with the rest of their friends & family to outdo everyone else in the gift-giving department? A new poll found that 61% of people see gift-giving as a competition, and will try to “out-gift” at least one other person this year.
The top things that stress us out while holiday shopping:
- Trying to find the perfect gift
- Looking for something that’s sold out. DAMN YOU CABBAGE PATCH DOLLS!
- Worry someone won’t like the gift you got them
- Worry it’s something they won’t use
- Buying them something they already have
- Being “out-gifted” by someone
- Worrying your gift won’t adequately show the person how much you care about them
- Bad weather & driving conditions while you’re out shopping
- Being out for long periods of time
- Porch Pirates stealing your packages