What does it take to be a man?
Is it the ability to change your oil? Fix a shelf? Cook the perfect steak? Drink a case of Busch Light? Recite every line from Major League?
Obviously, times are changing…and if you showed this list to a man 50 or 60 years ago, his reaction might have been quizzical.
According to a recent poll, the top ten traits of a “modern” man are:
- You do your fair share of the cleaning.
- You talk openly about your feelings.
- If your boss or manager is a woman, you’re totally fine with it.
- You’re ok discussing your mental health.
- You’re a good listener.
- You’re great with kids.
- You’re openly affectionate.
- You’d be okay being a stay-at-home dad.
- You don’t always feel the need to “put on a brave face”.
- You stand up to racism & prejudice.
Some of the other qualities of a “modern” man include caring about the environment, being well groomed, could win a fight, gets his beard styled, and enjoys baking.
You can see the entire list of “modern” man traits here.