Another Wrestlemania weekend has come and gone. I’m not sure I would call the weekend “stupendous”, but it certainly had it’s share of good stuff. I’ll probably have more detailed things to discuss about this last weekend’s festivities. But for now, here’s a few bullet points of what I thought was good, bad, or meh.
- The Miz turning on Logan Paul
- Bianca Belair beats Becky Lynch for the Raw Women’s Championship
- Cody Rhodes returns to beat Seth Freakin’ Rollins
- Stone Cold beating KO
- Johnny Knoxville using every weird gimmick to defeat Sami Zayne
- Two Words – Party Boy
- Wee Man scoop slams Sami Zayne
- Edge vs AJ Styles
- Pat McAfee beating Austin Theory
- Austin Theory’s Stunner sell
- Pat McAfee’s Stunner sell
- The first 99% of Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar
- Rick Boogs legitimately injuring his knee
- Sheamus and Ridge Holland (w/Butch) vs The New Day
- Vince’s Stunner sell
- The final 1% of Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar
- Drew McIntyre beating Happy Corbin
- Charlotte Flair beating Ronda Rousey
- RK-Bro retaining the Raw Tag Titles
- Bobby Lashley beating Omos
- Sasha Banks and Naomi winning the Women’s Tag Titles
As you can see, there’s lots more “Good’s” than “Bad’s” and “Meh’s”. My biggest complaint of it all was the finish to the Main Event, Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar. This was actually a pretty spectacular match, that ended very abruptly. After a mostly slow and methodical match, the way it finished so quickly made it feel very wonky. Not something you want to end an entire weekend of awesomeness.
Other than that, I’d give it 3 and 3/4 Stars.
Not a great Mania. But still a much better than average one.
The return of Cody Rhodes helps the score on this a lot.
Cover Photo Credit: Associated Press
Leave a Comment